Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reasons for Chosing Chapter 7

     Chapter 7 - Defying the Ku Klux Klan was the only chapter out of the 4 that I seemed to be most interested in. I know more about this and I am also quite interested in it as well. The KKK can still be found in remote locations and cities in this country, but no where near the number of members it used to have. It was an enormous part of U.S. history and impacted so many in so many ways. Racism is still relevant in this country and the Klan was one of, if not, the strongest enforcer of racism of all time. I am 100% against racism of all kinds. It is cruel and degrading. No one deserves to be put down and underminded because of the color of their skin! It was hard for me to even type that because of rediculous it sounds! It is sickening to me that there were people that existed that could do the things the Klan did, such as burn, kill, rape, and murder not just African Americans, but all kinda of people. It is even more disturbing that there are people TODAY that continue to practice the KKK and the way of the KKK. Aside from the Klu Klux Klan, all racism should be stopped once and for all. It should be illegal to be a racist in my opinion.
     It is amazing to me that the KKK "swept the nation" (a reference to a subtopic in the book). It all started with a few racist, white men putting together the idea of creating a racist cult. They never thought they would end up have Klans all around the country, so why did it happen?! I give so much respect and credit to the great Americans who stopped them significantly, but I wish it happened sooner. And the media is to, and will be fully blamed for that right here in this blog. Yep! I said it. I AM BLAMING THE MEDIA FOR THE KKK SWEEPING THE NATION. You could have written articles and published cartoons about them much earlier then you did. But no, you were scared. Scared of what? That they were going to kill you at night when you sleep? I'm sure we all learned a valuable lesson, as well as the media and journalists around the world; to act when harm is stunting the growth of your country, its cities and towns, its morals and vaules, and most importantly your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment